Workshop with Gosia Gajdemska
28. & 29.09.2019
28.09/Saturday 18.00 – 21.00
29.09/Sunday 11.00 – 18.00
Dance & Camera workshop is part of Gosia’s project REIMAGINE DANCE – exploring the relation between dance and broadly understood visual arts, film, and new technologies.
The workshop in K77 Studio will focus mainly on two aspects:
dance for the camera as an artistic form/film (not video documentation)
work with visual aspects in the field of choreography/dance
Workshop for dancers, choreographers, performance artists, people working with movement, visual artists, filmmakers and all interested.
Open level – no specific knowledge of previous experience is required.
Max. 12 participants.
with your own cameras or mobile phones
Day 1//theory and practice
– video dance/dance film/screendance – history and current development
– the specificity of various forms – trailer/teaser, showreel, video dance, dance film, dance screening – how these forms differ, what potential they have
– sources (bibliography, professional websites, links, etc.)
– the specificity of choreography for the camera – how to think about it and prepare choreography for different video/film options
Day 2//practice + Q&A session
– choreography as a process – from an idea to a storyboard/visual concept
– choreography in dialogue with the camera – space, time, composition
– practical part based on prepared tasks and ideas of participants – developing your own ideas, recording material useful for the future in your own work
– a brief introduction to video editing programs
The last hour for participants’ questions and answers, tips, inspirations.
Registration & price:
2 days – 95€
early bird until 20.09 – 85€
Saturday only – 30€
Sunday only – 70€